Preparing for Your Surgery
A few days before your surgery, you will receive a call from one of our staff with an appointment time and pre-surgery instructions. Please follow the NPO (nothing per mouth) instructions carefully and make sure you arrive on time to prevent delay or cancellation of your surgery.
The Day of Surgery
If you require parking, garages are available at all our sites, click here for information. On the day of your surgery:
- Your parking ticket will be validated to obtain a reduced parking fee
- Please bring a family member or escort to your surgery
After Your Surgery
After your surgery, make sure to rest for the remainder of the day. Refrain from heavy lifting and exercise. It is normal to experience some dizziness or drowsiness following surgery or treatment.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, drive, operate machinery, or make important personal or business decisions for 24 hours.
- Begin with a light meal when you get home from surgery to prevent nausea or vomiting.
- Be sure to follow any instructions your doctor or nurse gives you upon discharge.