Carly Cantor, MS, CCC-SLP
- Associate in Clinical Otolaryngology
- Speech Language Pathologist
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-5289
Carly S. Cantor currently serves as an Associate in Clinical Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. Ms. Cantor received her bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University where she earned a certificate in Musical Theatre and was an accomplished singer and performer. She then received her master's degree from New York University in Speech and Language Pathology. Carly later worked as a voice pathologist/singing voice specialist at the prestigious Blaine Block Institute for Voice Analysis and Rehabilitation/The Professional Voice Center of Cincinnati in Dayton and Cincinnati, OH.
Her clinical interests lie in the area of voice disorders, with a specialized interest in voice disorders for the singer and pediatric voice disorders. Ms. Cantor also has a passion for treatment of swallowing disorders, management of TEP prostheses for laryngectomy patients, transgender voice modification, and rehabilitation of head and neck cancer patients.
Areas of Expertise
- Voice and Vocal Cord Disorders
- Singing Voice Disorders
- Swallowing Disorder
- Throat & Voice Problems
- Breathing Problem
- Pediatric Voice Disorders
Education & Training
- MS, Speech and Language Pathology, New York University
ColumbiaDoctors Third Avenue Office880 Third Avenue
Floor: 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10022
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-5289
- (646) 317-2720
CUMC/Harkness Pavilion180 Fort Washington Avenue
Floor: 7th Floor
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 305-5289
Practices and Centers
- ColumbiaDoctors Midtown
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Affinity [Access (Exchange), Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- POMCO [POMCO]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
INVITED LECTURES/ PRESENTATIONS
1.Carly Cantor. Co-Presenter. “Vocal Health for the Singer.” World Voice Day Event at The Warsaw Federal Incline Theatre. April 16th, 2016.Cincinnati, OH.
2.Carly Cantor. Co-Presenter. “Voice Therapy for the Transgender Individual.” OSLHA Conference. February, 2016. Columbus, OH.
3.Carly Cantor. Presenter “Survey of Vocal Health Habits in Community Theatre Vocal Performers.” The Pan American Vocology Association Inaugural Conference. October, 2015. Greensboro, NC.
4.Carly Cantor. Presenter “Voice Therapy for the Transgender Individual.” GLSEN Youth Summit Workshop. September, 2015.Dayton, OH.
5.Carly Cantor. Co-Presenter “What is Transgender Voice Therapy?” PFLAG Cincinnati. August, 2015, Cincinnati, OH.
6.Carly Cantor. Presenter “Healthy Singing in Young Voices.” The University of Dayton (Undergraduate Vocal Pedagogy Class), February 2014. Dayton, OH
7.Carly Cantor. Presenter “Vocal Health and Hygiene.” Cincinnati Country Day School’s High School MT Department, February 2014, Cincinnati, OH
8.Carly Cantor. “What is Transgender Voice Therapy?” Transgender Support Groups in NY, Summer 2014, New York, NY