Ilana Cellum, AuD
- Assistant Professor of Audiology (in Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery) at CUMC
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-0029
Ilana P. Cellum, Au.D., currently serves as Assistant Professor of Audiology at Columbia University Medical Center, where she specializes in providing hearing aid and cochlear implant audiological services to pediatric and adult patients. Dr. Cellum has a background as a music recording engineer with a bachelor degree from New York University in Music Engineering. She has worked as a sound engineer at WNYC radio, recording in many of New York’s concert halls. She has degrees in electrical engineering including a bachelor degree from the City College of New York, and a master degree from the Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Dr. Cellum received her Doctor of Audiology degree from the CUNY Graduate Center. Following graduate academic training, Dr. Cellum completed her audiology residency at Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Cellum’s clinical interests lie in the diagnosis and management of pediatric and adult hearing loss, including hearing aids, osseointegrated devices, cochlear implants, and assistive listening devices. She also performs sedated auditory brainstem response (ABR) testing. Dr. Cellum’s current research is in the area of mapping cochlear implant recipients via telehealth and improving the music experience for the hearing impaired. She is nationally certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, as well as the American Academy of Audiology.
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Audiology
- Pediatric Hearing Aids
- Adult Hearing Aids
- Cochlear Implantation
- Hearing Evaluation
- Hearing Loss
- Audiological Evaluations
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital3959 Broadway
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 305-0029
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare (NY)]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]
1. Spitzer, J.B., Cellum, I.P., Bosworth, C. (2013) Stability of Audiometric Measures and Challenges in Long- Term Management of the Elderly Cochlear Implant Patient Otology & Neurotology. 34(9): 1636-1641
2. Spitzer, J.B., Mancuso, D.M., Cellum, I.P. (2013) Non-surgical Solutions for Single Sided Deafness. In Recent Advances in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Vol. 2, Lalwani, A.K., Pfister, M.H.F. New Delhi, India: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
3. Spitzer, J.B., Cellum, I.P., Bosworth, C.!., and Lalwani, A.K. Stability of Cochlear Implant Electrode Impedance Measurement Over Years (Submitted).