Stacey Platzman, MS, CCC-SLP
- Associate in Clinical Otolaryngology
- Speech Language Pathologist
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-0029
Stacey Platzman is an Associate in Clinical Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center, specializing in pediatric aural (re)habilitation. Ms. Platzman received her bachelor’s degree in Speech & Hearing Sciences as well as Family Studies Human Development from The University of Arizona. She continued her education with a master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. While at UNC, she participated in two grants providing specialized training to work with children with hearing loss and maternal-child health. Before joining CUMC, Ms. Platzman worked with children with hearing loss and other disorders through clinical visits, tele-therapy programs, and early intervention.
Her clinical interests lie in the areas of pediatric aural (re)habilitation and early intervention. She is passionate about a family-centered, multidisciplinary team approach to care.
Ms. Platzman is licensed in Speech-Language Pathology through New York State and holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Aural Re(Habilitation): Cochlear Implants and Hearing Aids
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Speech Disorder
- Auditory Processing
- Auditory, Speech and Language Assessments
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorders
Education & Training
- MS, 2013 Speech and Hearing Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
CUMC/Harkness Pavilion180 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-8555
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth]